THE GIFT is a program initiated by the Walk to Emmaus/Chrysalis movements to ensure that many from all over the world can enjoy the fruits of this beautiful ministry. The Gift is a financial program that allows the international communities as well as the emerging new communities to tap into the generosity of pilgrims and butterflies that the Lord has so richly blessed. Here are some facts that you may not know:
- The Chrysalis and Walk to Emmaus movements are interdenominational, interracial and international.
- The Emmaus movement began in 1978 and the Chrysalis movement began in 1984.
- More than one million Christians have experienced a Chrysalis or Walk to Emmaus weekend.
- The 600 Emmaus and Chrysalis communities are in 38 countries and 12 countries respectively.
- Our resources have been translated into 13 languages on 6 continents.
- We do not receive any funds or money from the United Methodist Church or any church denomination.
- Internationally, we need funds to assist emerging communities that do not have the resources to secure facilities, provide scholarships, train and teach team participants and conduct weekends.
- In the United States, we want to bring our Leadership Development Program resources into the 21st century through the use of technology that will empower leaders in each Community.
- All money that is given to THE GIFT stays within the International Emmaus and Chrysalis movement.
- None of the money is used for saleries or expenses.
These three documents will help you present THE GIFT to your communities.
Total Given in 2012: $16,494
If you feel the Holy Spirit calling you to respond to "The Gift" of grace that you received on your weekend, make your check payable to: "International Walk to Emmaus and Chrysalis."
Send your offering of love to:
The International Emmaus/Chrysalis Office
1908 Grand Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203
1-877-899-2780 Ext. 7227.